HybridZ

cry02 cold air system

71stroker

It's pretty much an adaptation of the ideal gas law, PV=nRT. Decrease the volume, keeping all else the same, lowers the temp.

The same thing happens when I burn my weeds with the propane tank, the damn torch valve and wand freezes up!

from what i gather is you are lowering the temp of your intake and or incoming fuel/ and or intercooler if turboed.

I found a pdf file of FAQ on thier website...

http://www.designengineering.com/images/faqs/FAQ006%20-%20CryO2%20System.pdf

It seems like a good idea to me..."cold air + cold fuel = a better "burn" for more horsepower....dont they use super cold fuel for rockets and such...

I was hoping maybe someone had tried this out and could give some info on performance gains

Rule #1 of thermodynamics; There is no free lunch. Rule #2, read rule #1. :lol: A bottle of CO2 (big one) is $18 for the gas plus bottle rent. You might enjoy that cold air for probably 5 min and get what maybe 10 extra HP??? Not to mention the heavy missile that will be in the car once you install it.:shock:

Increased performance takes fuel, add more fuel, more air by; 1. increased displacement, 2. Turbo, superchager, etc. 3. NOS

Your choice. Performane gains using anything other than above will achieve minimal gains while costing alot per HP gained. Thats why it is said to build the biggest motor you can afford.

Typically, it's a person who is trying to get more hp for less money. Another reason would be that they already have that and want to extract all they can hp wise.

Bottom line is that it all costs money, spend it where you get the most hp for the buck IMO.

The good doctor is right. There's no replacement for displacement, or something like that. I have also read somewhere that you can have it:

1. fast

2. reliable

3. cheap

Pick any two.

As I read it, the CO2 doesn't mix with the intake air, it cools the intake air pathways externally. I'm not condoning the use of the CO2 system, don't get me wrong. That's why I mentioned fabbing an ice jacket. It would be lighter and WAY cheaper. I have read that Bonneville guys (or maybe it was old school NASCAR) would pack ice around their intake manifolds to get a bit of cool air advantage.