HybridZ

Another ls1/t56 into a 240z about to start!

Hey guys!! Well i have recently accumulated the ls1/t56 main parts and now it is time to find all the little bits to make sure I have MOST of the parts in hand before starting everything to try and cut down the time to completion as much as possible. I wanna see about a few things and just kinda mention what I am getting incase anyone see's an obvious miss..

Dont wanna be a pita but I know how quikly a few setbacks at the end can take a 2 3 month build to 6+++ and who wants that! the parts listed are ones that I know Ill need. these are the essentials to get things working simply.

*TILTON 7/8 MC

*32" braided line from tilton to slave with the russell adapter! anyone have the part number for the braided line?

*lokar 48" throttle cable

*corvette c5 fuel press reg/filter combo/fuel lines

????walbro 255 fuel pump - IS THERE A DROPIN INTO THE 240Z TANK? i would like something with a direct replacement??? Or 300zx turbo pump? best option here? Don't wanna do a fuell cell or a tank replacement if i dont HAVE to. part number be great??

Those are the main "little" things that are needed to get running besides the obvious. above will get the clutch working right, the fuel figured and to the motor and a throttle cable.

I have the main essentials like the JCI kit, sanderson headers, ect. I will get the jtr radiator and elec fan setup. Of course there is some of the other stuff needed to be done but I have read and looked at most swap posts over a few times to make sure it is as easy as it seems.:icon56:

Plus I figured to have a 1 post thing with questions if i had vs a thread for each thing if needed. Can't wait to get this project underway!

The 240 has a mechanical fuel pump on the engine. So there is no direct replacement. The walbro is your best bet. It is an external, in-line pump. You didn't mention if you are going to use the stock tach and speedo or go with after market. It is possible to use the stock speedo by using the CableX box, and to have John's set up your tach. Also, if you didn't get a drive shaft from JCI, you'll need to have one built. While the engine, tranny is out would be a good time to replace the clutch, especially if your donor has a few miles on it. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mike

Just what i am looking for. So the gsl392 is the pump ill order up~! Is there anything special to do with the tank like sump?

I am going to not use any gauges right now as a speedo isnt needed and a tach isnt that important for now but eventually I think I will be going with a full set of autometer's to replace the stockers.

I will order the driveshaft from jci as there is a few missing bolts/spacers in the kit i got.

The trans i bought came with a spec 3 clutch setup and a stock ls7 setup as well both have low miles so should be good there!

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to get this going. I originally bought the ls1 no trans for a porsche 914 but after realizing a open diff mid engine car with a glass tranny the driving enjoyment for myself wasnt like my style(i like the sideways thing)

Just what i am looking for. So the gsl392 is the pump ill order up~! Is there anything special to do with the tank like sump?

I am going to not use any gauges right now as a speedo isnt needed and a tach isnt that important for now but eventually I think I will be going with a full set of autometer's to replace the stockers.

I will order the driveshaft from jci as there is a few missing bolts/spacers in the kit i got.

The trans i bought came with a spec 3 clutch setup and a stock ls7 setup as well both have low miles so should be good there!

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to get this going. I originally bought the ls1 no trans for a porsche 914 but after realizing a open diff mid engine car with a glass tranny the driving enjoyment for myself wasnt like my style(i like the sideways thing)

Nice car, that blue makes you look super straite :-)