HybridZ

RB26 Oil Pickup Fabrication for rear bowl

Mike Rowe

Looks really good. I wish I knew how to weld. I'm having problems getting someone to weld my oil pick up for me. Everybody says they can't do it and seem confused about me needing a custom oil pickup. They all ask "Why don't you just order one?" If you (or anyone else) are willing to make one that works with the RB20 oil pan and sell it to me let me know. I'll pay good money for it. I just need one already.

Thanks for posting that photo Mike, that will help those needing a alternative to the methods already being used for the sump mod.

With this mod you show, will a RB20/Z31 pan just sit right down on that block with out any mods, or are the usual mods still needed to the rim of the pan, to bulge it out around the added pick up mounting flange?

Please explain the baffling mods needed, if any, to the pan also, if you can...

Thanks again and nice job on the fabrication.

With this mod you show, will a RB20/Z31 pan just sit right down on that block with out any mods, or are the usual mods still needed to the rim of the pan, to bulge it out around the added pick up mounting flange?

Please explain the baffling mods needed, if any, to the pan also, if you can...

------------------------------------------------

Thanks JS, the pan does need modifying as you suggest. I will put photos of that on my site soon (I am in Europe on holidays at present for 6 weeks). The pan needs cutting and stretching out over the point of the base attachment & rightangle bend. The baffle inside needs cutting to allow the horizontal tube to run along to the RB20 standard attachment. We used a simple copper 90degree bend to get the pipe to go from the standard RB26 pickup point back to the RB20 pickup pipe work which kept it as low as possible and neat.

Sump fab for oil pickup2_thumb.jpg

Oil pickup fab 0_thumb.jpg

Oil pickup fab 1_thumb.jpg

Oil pickup fab 2_thumb.jpg

Oil pickup fab 3_thumb.jpg

Oil pickup fab 4_thumb.jpg

Oil pickup short_thumb.jpg

Sump fab for oil pickup_thumb.jpg