HybridZ

L28E Flooding

Glad you got it running. Still going to sell it.

One problem with the EFI bible is it probably doesnt say under troubleshooting, "Check to see if the Afm is off the proper car: Eg. AFM says Ford on side when motor is obviously made by Kia."

• Administrators

i went by the 3 rules of an engine running deal...Air, Fuel, Spark.

had fuel and spark, so yeah, that left air ;)

Your understating of the AFM couldn't be farther from the truth. Might want to take those books a little more seriously.

I'm not going to ask again... start using your shift key or I'll remove your posting privileges.

Your understating of the AFM couldn't be farther from the truth. Might want to take those books a little more seriously.

I'm not going to ask again... start using your shift key or I'll remove your posting privileges.

I'm going to assume you mean my lack of capitilization.

My humblest apologies, I'm usually pretty damned good about it when I type, but since I'm at work, I tend to type fast without paying attention.

And yes, I do have plenty more to learn about these cars, but I work with a former Datsun factory technician, so I think I'll be ok.

Also, another reason I didn't really use the manual, was because I had a former Datsun factory tech helping me. He's worked on these things since the 240Zs first came statside.

And thank you Challenger for understanding. I don't see how the EFI Bible would have told me it was the WRONG ONE.

I do understand you are all just trying to give me advice, but keep in mind that the EFI bible isn't the end all-solve all to engine diagnosis. Heaven forbid i didn't use it.

And while I am young, and I haven't been working on cars as long as you all have, it doesn't mean I'm clueless. I just approach things differently, which doesn't mean its the wrong way. I think i do ok for myself, otherwise I probably wouldn't have a job at a Subaru dealership, and nor would the previous Toyota dealers i worked for have hired me.

PS. Challenger, her running now pretty much solidifies her getting floors and framerails now. She's a keeper I guess :lmao:

Ease up Red, even I was going to mention your capitalization.

The whole HybridZ is about seious modifications and is geared towards people who have a greater understanding than even my self.

I just took an intrest in helping you cause I kinda like you.

Admins are equeal oppertunity offenders, they are here to enforce the rules and keep the peace, they have gotten on even old members.

They are a great lot of guys!

I would edit out that last two sentaces and tough it out. Peace.

Congrates again.

Any air flow meter that reads the same values, at the same given "air flow," would fool the ECU into thinking it was a dead stock one.

Had you measured the rate of resistance increase of the air flow meter that was on your car, and compared it to the values quoted in the manual procedure, you would have immediately known that the part was not reading the right range of resistance, and that it needed to be replaced. It may or may not have told you it was "the wrong one" but it would have told you it was the problem.