HybridZ

Few pictures of my new setup

Ivan280zt

Crossmember is already welded in the car engine fits fine (2jzge-t) gt42 is in there very very tight. Stock bellhousing on th400 would not clear my trans tunnel so I had to install JW bellhousing which now clears fine. I am going to put evetything back in the car in few weeks and then I will get on with exhaust and I/C piping. My Titan cam gears just came in today and for head gasket I am using cometic .120" (therefore my cam timing wont be off).

IMG_29421.JPG

IMG_2940.JPG

IMG_2937.JPG

Now all I have to get is new timing belt,tensioner, and some kind of crank pulley lol.

Thanks guys! I am finally getting time to work on the car its been wayyy too long overdue... My new job keeps me busy from 8-8 every day so I try to work on the Z on weekends. Cool thing about new job is that I have about 10 fabricators to help me out with anything that I need done right on the spot : ). I have way too many parts that are waiting to be installed its not even funny. I work for AMS now and as soon as one of the employess gets done with his 8 sec. evo 1 I will bring my car in the shop and we will start choping it! Btw Scotty dont worry bud if she goes anywhere close to your times I will be more than happy!

Since you are using the JW bellhousing I would like to know if you are also going to use the custom converter from JW or are you using a standard converter with a flex plate adapter?

I am considering the JW bellhousing because I can get my hands on a TH400 from a Buick very inespensively and install the bellhousing to mate the transmision and the 2JZ. Do you mind sharing the $ for the JW bellhousing?

Thanks a good luck with the project.

Ken

Ken,

Jw bellhousing was I belive about $250 shipped from either summit or jegs cant really remember and as far as convertor goes I can use any convertor thats made for GM. I am using transmission adapter from boostwerx which comes with custom flexplate.

Ivan, the reason I asked about your JW set up is that JW now has a JW bellhousing that bolts to the 2JZ without the need of an adapter like the boostwerks. The only thing is that they use a custom converter. I was wondering about using the flexplate adapter and a regular gm converter.

I am researching that angle. TH400 > JW bellhousing > GM converter > flex plate adapter. As soon as I have all the facts I will post them.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...