HybridZ

Ls1 Knock Sensor...help!

This Is A 02 Ls1 Motor...

At Wot In Higher Rpm, The Check Engine Light Is Coming On(several Times Already). Every Time It's On...scanner Reads Low Input Knock Senson. I've Turned It Off Several Times Too, Keeps Coming On Again. I Also Use 91 Octane And Octane Booster...

Does This Mean My Knock Sensor Is Bad???

codes are....

1. PO327

KNOCK SENSOR 1 CKT

LOW INPUT BANK 1 OR SINGLE SENSOR

2. PO332

KNOCK SENSOR 2 CKT

LOW INPUT BANK 2

THESE ARE THE 2 CODES THAT COME ON UNDER HEAVY ACCELERATION...

WHAT WILL CAUSE THESE CODES TO COME ON ??? THANKS

Seems like I've heard a few guys say that the knock sensors get all messed up from oil and is caused by leaky seals at the valley cover (where the knock sensors are) A friend of mine had the same codes and I'm pretty sure all he did was replace the valley cover/knock sensor seals and knock sensors and the code didn't come back....he also threw in some silicon around the knock sensor seals for good measure. Hope this helps.

Check the wiring first, make sure The connector is making good contact with the sensor. If all that seems to be ok, then try throwing some new Knock sensors in and see if it still throws the codes.

i've replaced the 2 KS already...silicone the rubber seals...new intake gaskets...checked wires if they were pinched(not)...but the damn code keeps coming on again.....my motor dosen't have any knocks, or i haven't heard any....i put 91 octane in it too... i also replaced the 2 wires that hook up to th KS. what are the other probable causes.....i'm lost and getting frustrated with THESE KNOCK SENSORS.

Word of advice, ditch the octane booster. For one, it doesn't help unless you use a whole lot of the stuff. If you do use a lot then you are probably getting more tetra-ethylene lead than is good for your motor.You probably don't need the stuff at all, but if you are having ping issues (my camaro always did when it was really hot out) then go to a Sherwin-Williams and pick up a couple gallons of Toluene.