HybridZ

Going carbed in the ls2.

Tube80z - Looking back at your posts about the demon carbs, what are the difference between the road race floats and the others? Does this prevent leaning out on hard cornering, or is that completely different?

I think they are designed to keep slosh down when cornering. By far the biggest problem we had was fuel slosh from breaking getting into the carb and keeping the engine going. This required a bridge of the vents (some tubing with a hold in the air cleaner. I'm told this is a common thing to do. I a newbie to 4-barrel carbs.

We ran a speed demon (both mechanical and vacuum) that had the standard choke stack and the sportsman that has none. The sportsman had annular boosters and this made a huge difference to low end power. All suffered the brake surge until we put the vent bridge on. The sportsman is a lot easier to do this too. None of the carbs seemed to suffer from cornering related issues, which we were worried about (generating 1.3 to 1.4 Gs)

Cary

Interesting point. The car originally came with a 948 cc engine that put out 10 british horsepower, which i think is somewhere between 30-40. The ls2 may damn well put out more than that at idle :wink:

My cam is being spec'd and ground by thunder racing. What a cool bunch of guys there.

• 1 month later...

Making some decent headway on the car...spending money about twice as fast as i'm making it. Such is life.

The carb is here, a custom built QuickFlow 750 unit with annular boosters and road race floats. Set me back about $650.

Have a custom ground cam from thunder racing, as well as upgraded springs, retainers, pushrods.

Also ended up buying the msd 6012 ignition.

This thing is going to be SWEET.