HybridZ

holset HY35 silencer ring......my thoughts

After buying another hy35 turbo, it did not have the silencer ring in the intake . I thought it would be very loud as the boost was coming on, but it was not. For me, to get that whine from your hy35 as boost comes on, leave the ring in. Thank you, big-phil.

A friend of mine removed the ring from the turbo on hid Cummins Dodge. It was alot louder. I guess theres a difference between a L28et and a 5.9 Cummins... :)

Thats what I thought, when I saw it was gone I could not waite to get on the road with it. You can here lots of air, but with the ring in you get that whistle.

have you given any more thought on to what your going to do ti keep this one together??

Well I'm getting an EGT setup so I can what temps I'm running. I also lowerd my oil pressure. I read on a Dodge performance site that too much oil pressure can cause that rear snap ring to fail, making it smoke, and so on. I had the oil pressure up pretty high, now its back to a more normal setting.