HybridZ

90-96 300zx z32 taillight conversion to s30

BurnoutZ

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The outlook of a 300zx panel being procuded is possible, but because of the "not very high" interest im not sure if we could run a line. As far as a flat taillight panel. 300zx taillights would not work with this panel because they are deceptively curved at the ends. A flat taillight panel would appeal to those doing the "corvette taillights". As silvia taillights, like 300zx taillights are curved at the ends, but at a greater degree than the 300zx taillights. So im not sure if this will accually become possible. Also as i have nno clue how the reverse light idea for the 300zx taillights would work. The chances of any of these being produced would take alot of planning, custom work, and model specific taillight panels designed only for that specific model....

Accually prior to this i looked for led tail lights and "jdm" taillights(red on the top, all white on the bottum)... i still think this would be a good idea but, most of the led taillights i seen on a s30 they just had random led bulbs filling up the lenz space... i think it should have led bulbs outlining the lenz and maybe two rows inbetween the oval "outline" of the lenz. All of my ideas are usually too complicated, far fetched, and probably will never happen though.

i don't like either personally.. i think that the stock housings with either some clear red lenses or led lighting would look pretty awsome. but then again who cares about my .02

• 5 months later...
Problem though is where to put the reverse lights....

I don't know the rear end of a S30 that well. But could you possibly put a light bar along the top in the licence plate indent? You could put a light spray of transperant paint over it to blend it in.

Maybe some one with a small oven could try slowly heating up just the lenses on a flat piece of steel and with gloves slowly force the lens flat. i have curved plastic before in a oven it worked good But u have to heat slowly so it does not start to warp