HybridZ

Tell me which Pallnet fuel rail + injectors to get.

djbit

I've read so many threads and the rails/injector combo seem to be quiet varied. I'm looking to make 350-420hp on a 72 240z with an L28 n/a engine with worked p90a head and cam. I'll be using holset turbo, Megasquirt, inter cooler...etc.

I want to keep it as simple as possible without modifying the N42 injector holes. I want to use injectors that just pop right in and that are freely available and fairly economical, recommendations?

Also, which Pallnet rail can meet those goals? 11mm or the 14mm? 6/8/10N? O-ring or Barb styles? Will I need any other holes made on the rail aside from the fuel pressure gauge hole?

This is going to be my first turbo build ever so I'm, for the most part, getting educated here as I go.

Thank you guys!

I'm just collecting the parts right now and prepping them. I just pruchased the N42 intake Non-EGR and 60mm 240sx TB, for example. The fuel rail and injectors are next.

The fuel rails from pallnet have a couple of options and I just needed help as to which is a good fit for the power goal I have in mind. 6N/8N, 11mm, 14mm, etc.

I want to have ALL the parts ready to go before I begin install. This includes the Megasquirt and the fuel pumps for the surge tank I'll be using.

I've pretty much collected a binder of over 200pages of info from here and other sites..makes for great bathroom reading..hehe.

Thanks

I would send an email to Pete (Pallnet) and talk to him if you have a chance!

He can give you wonderful advice and information quickly and efficiently!

Im running 11mm 440cc Supra injectors with Megasquirt and a Holset turbo.. running 18psi and I am not maxing out my duty cycle.

They say 440cc injectors should be good for up to 400hp... but others may say less.

550cc injectors are plenty for what your looking for.

Especially if you have methanol injection... I believe big_phil is using 720cc injectors I think.. you'll never need that much... but always safe to know you could use it .. someday. Not in a L28 though unless your Monzter or Jeff or TimZ

Thanks Pr0! Yes, I'll for sure contact Pete, probably the best way to approach this. I ran into these injectors, they seem very economical:

specs:

OHMS 2.4

LB/HR 42

CC 440

link:

http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/catalog/item/4511825/4545870.htm#image_1

I'll be checking out your signature links, your car is more or less what I hope to someday get to:)

I used all -6 on the pressure side of the pump and -8 on the low pressure side. That should be good for 500hp. FiveOmotorsport sell injectors for a great price...I use the 680cc rochester style low Imp 14mm and I hit around 52% duty at 15 psi, idles fine at 1.3ms.

• 4 weeks later...

Which parts do you need? Sometime this summer I'll have a good P90 head, stock turbo, stock fuel rail and injectors, ECU, intake mani, downpipe, etc.

Got my fuel rail + 470cc injectors, looks great. Still collecting parts for the turbo build.

I used all -6 on the pressure side of the pump and -8 on the low pressure side. That should be good for 500hp. FiveOmotorsport sell injectors for a great price...I use the 680cc rochester style low Imp 14mm and I hit around 52% duty at 15 psi, idles fine at 1.3ms.

You mean -8 on the feed and -6 on the return?

Or are you using a surge tank?

Well, I'm going the Holset route with Megasquirt but you will have no problem selling any of that.

Which parts do you need? Sometime this summer I'll have a good P90 head, stock turbo, stock fuel rail and injectors, ECU, intake mani, downpipe, etc.

You mean -8 on the feed and -6 on the return?

Or are you using a surge tank?

Yes on the feed (low pressure side) .I run 2 pumps so i have -8 from the pick up of the main tank into the walboro 255 pump then into the swirl pot, -8 from the swirl pot to the bosch 044 pump....then -6 to the fuel rail. The return is also -6 which tee's into the return from the swirl pot back to the main tank.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Evo 8/9 injectors. 560cc and good spray pattern. They are low impedance and aren't very whiney about being pushed hard on the duty cycle. -6 AN should be fine for your fuel rail. Even a set of calipers or a good metric ruler will tell you that you need the 11mm rail.