HybridZ

Nitrous Install Write-Up

Booztd 3

Alright guys, Im feeling froggy, so here's another update

After doing alot of research on the supra forums and guys run big stall auto's with the lower displacement motors, I found that its 100% necessary to spray some nitrous on the transbrake in order to get the turbo spooled and the engine loaded. This is going to help me a TON off the line.......hopefully we will see some 1.3-1.4 60 foot times!

The kit is a Nitrous Express 'Import' EFI kit

I will basically engage the transbrake, and floor the car. Once a little load is on the motor and the RPMS start to creep up, I'm going to spray a 75 shot and this will spool the turbo, and get the car up on the converter (also called flashing)

I am not finished with the install yet, but here's what I have so far

Nitrous Kit

Nitrous_01.JPG

Nitrous_02.JPG

I was instructed to put the nozzle ~6-8 inches from the intake manifold inlet. I removed my IC pipe, flattened it out a bit, drilled the hole, and installed the adapter piece.

Nitrous_03.JPG

Nitrous_04.JPG

Here's the nozzle installed

Nitrous_06.JPG

I fabbed up a thin piece of aluminum to mount the solenoids on

Nitrous_08.JPG

I tapped the fuel for the nitrous solenoid at the regulator. You can see the fitting "T's" off, and the line that goes to the NX fuel solenoid

Nitrous_09.JPG

The bottle is filled, and pressure guage installed

Nitrous_10.JPG

I still need to mount the bottle, run the line from the rear of the car to the nitrous solenoid, and do the wiring, and test the solenoids out. I'll set some safeguards up on the AEM so hopefully I dont go boom!

Thanks for looking

Well I finished the nitrous install up this week, works well!

To mount the bottle, I came up with the idea of fabricating a plate that would 'close-off' the spare tire well. I'm not going to need it anyways, so I went and got the matial and mapped out what I wanted to do. I basically took a sheet of 16guage steel and had a buddy weld some 1" square tubing on the bottom side of it for support. I then laid that piece of steel in the hatch, and bolted it down, along with the nitrous bottle and the battery. Here's some pics of the setup

Nitrous_11.JPG

Nitrous_12.JPG

Nitrous_13.JPG

FYI I dont plan on running the nitrous during the launch, its ONLY for spool, so i was not concerned with the orientation of the bottle....

Just got some pics...and no that stuff that looks like it was leaking was not me.....it was already there....

Notice the big long 1st gear patch, and then a nice healthy shift patch, lol

Burnout_03.JPG

There was a VW guy that did that with his outlaw class bug. Worked REALLY good too. all he had to do was a quick spray of nitrous and instant 30lbs of boost. that's all he used it for too. just at the start so when he hit the 2 step he didn't have to worry about the turbo having to spool up or something along those lines.