HybridZ

T3/holset oil line feeder lines

First, I want to say how sorry I am to mislead people on this forum. I got the the auto meter adapters Assuming the holset was metric--it isn`t. It`s all standard stuff. I saw this stuff about bsp and assumed it was universal. I spent 26$ from autometer for nothing. The t3 oil exhaust from ebay did work on the Holset. I got a t3/t4 kit from Speeedznights, and it had adapters fitting to the inlet side--I`m still short on one male to male npt(I Think!).The hose fitting on the inlet side had these ominously looking metal things on the inlet. I thought maybe this was a restriction mechanism. Anyway, after looking at the difference between that and the hole..I decided it was a manufacturing defect, shoved some #10 wire through it and blew it out with the air compressor. Otherwise, this is a good deal at 30 bucks with shipping. Any other comments on this?Thanks!Roger :mrgreen:

I have heard many different definitions of what the holset threads are, my experience is that the threads are M11x1.5 (very rare oddball size) I milled my stock banjo bolt down to 11mm then ran a die over it. Of course the die I had to custom order from a machine shop.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way of making this easier?? The input side is good, but the entry into the turbo oil feed is an mm off. I have come to the conclusion that Holsets are not metric, but what expains the discrepancy? The bolts are 7/16 on the exhaust!!

I took my HE351 to my buddy's shop and we perused the stacks of new/used AN fittings. It came out to a size he had; pretty sure it was metric. I know you can sometimes get the wrong type (SAE/Metric/British/NPT) to thread in but the threads will "wobble" a bit. The piece I got certainly didn't. It was either Jegs or Earls brand IIRC.

I was just working on my car and looked at the fitting. Not sure what size it is but it's coarse like a pipe thread but quite a bit bigger than 1/8" NPT. Likewise, it's straight threads (not tapered like pipe thread) and uses a copper washer.

Hi Guys, Using the above ebay thing, I got out of the output at the block, but was having problems connecting with the input of the hy35. Today I drilled out the input to the bearings with a 7/16 bit and threaded with a 1/2" 20. The 1/4 inch to 1/8 adapter works(nps). Then, I drilled the T3 flange with a 5/16 bit from the bottom and threaded with a 1/8" tap. Whacked off the flange,flushed oil using a steel brush and copious amounts of oil. The problem now is the shortness of the line. I found a leftover from a discarded grease gun input in My toolbox. That may do it. It is 1/8" npt.

Thanks for that, but for 40 bucks you got it. I have to say, I was a tad bit off specifics.First,7/16 drill into oil inlet, then 1/2" x 20 tap. 1/4 "nc x 1/8"npt female adapter then 5/16 bit to T3 bottom and 3/8 x24 tap to complete with a 1/4 to1/4 nps male adapter. The drills are not totally right to the taps(as they say on the cardboard), but they work.We are trying to adapt a T3 oil line to a Holset off a LET. This block adapter (above) works.The only problem I`m facing now is a shortness in the oil line,which the above mentioned grease gun tube will fix,along with a 1/4x1/4 npt female adapter...or a totally rotating fem adapter. This seems complicated, but its really easy and cheap.