HybridZ

300zx rear calipers installed..pics

i posted a while back about replacing the 240sx with z32 rear calipers since i read that it's a popular upgrade for 240sx guys. found a set of calipers on ebay that were fairly inexpensive and decided to try it out. i used the MMS brackets...the ears were a bit long so they had to be cut and redrilled but that was easy. here's pics of the calipers. not much of a real upgrade performance wise i know..but it does take you from a singe piston to a 2 piston caliper...they are all aluminum and pretty light. my 240sx calipers look like they came from an east coast car. rust flaking off. plus i'm using aline lock in the rear so i didn't like the ebrake lever sticking out of the rear not being used. these will look much cleaner installed

0609082238.jpg

little bit of the nissan logo showin...should look good all painted...more will show with the rotas i should be gettin soon in that group buy.

0609082248.jpg

pads are similar...i think the 300zx pads are a tiny bit smaller. i'll have to take a pic of the back side later...but it did take some measuring and slight modifying. these are z31 rotors...i did have the 240sx brakes for a bit.

might have to....i'm just playin now....there is roughly 1/4" on either side of the rotor with pads in place (came with calipers) with the piston fully depressed...which usually pretty close with any caliper when i change pads...if i need to shim i can...i haven't had fluid in my brake lines in 2 years so no official results.

Bobby, you used this bracket:

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=60_61&products_id=8

And made these holes larger (Both top and bottom) and ground down the tabs along the red line, both top and bottom?

rear_adaptor2.jpg

And bought Calipers like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-300zx-Z32-Aluminum-Rear-Brake-Calipers-S14-S13_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33563QQihZ004QQitemZ140239569561QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Is that the 280zx rotor?

i drilled new holes down 15/16" and 4.5" apart....then cut that top hole off, used the calipers in the auction...and have z31 rotors...i did have 240sx calipers before. i did have to space out the calipers...that's the mod above.

• 2 months later...
Dragging up an old thread but do the 300ZX calipers have e-brake function or did you just choose not to use it? Also, can you please fix the pictures (they show up as X) as I'm interested in seeing this?

Thanks

Cameron

No the 300zx calipers as in Z32 twin pots which is what this thread is about don't have the e-brake function this is done via a drum in hat arrangement.