HybridZ

Clutch fork pivot ball - STUPID design.....

ktm

.....and by the title you can guess what I just broke. It's a $10 part that results in 4+ hours of labor.

I am having Vildini Motorsports replace it. Trying to drop and reinstall a z32 TT trans alone, on your back is incredibly difficult. Hell, even with 2 people it is still a challenge.

Man KTM i hate to say it but you have been going through alot lately... ive been lucky and mine has stayed together for the past month and half or so. Before that it was horrible though. Blew a motor, turbo, transmission, and rear end. all in a little over a month. But im loving my new set up and i cant be happier running 16psi on the holset. Totally makes all the work worth while

Prox, I need to invest in a tranny jack. Lowering a stock 280z 4 or 5-speed is very easy by yourself with a regular jack. The Z32 transmission is a beast and even with 2 people struggling with it, it took us nearly 3 hours to simply install it.

Dave, it may not look intimidating, but it is heavy and the clearance around the shifter and bellhousing will give you some headaches if you do not have a tranny jack.

I would advise removing the shifter, the whole assembly save for the relocation bracket, and use guide studs in the block for the bellhousing.

The clearance issues, though no interference, means it is a case of jack a little bit, move forward a little bit, jack a little bit more, inch forward more. Having two people certain helps A LOT, as the transmission weighs over 120 lbs.

The worst part will be getting the input shaft splines to line up with the clutch. One hand on the driveshaft, one hand pushing. This is where a second body helps out.

As far as the transmission itself, I LOVE IT! The shifts are sooooo much crisper and precise. Downshifting is where you really notice a difference.