HybridZ

Carbon Fiber Needs?

RedFive

waterjetguy and MYRON: Called JustDashes in California and they quoted $1200.00 to refurbish my 240Z dash. Once they are done don't know the chances of it cracking again from being in the sun for a short period of time here in Aridzona. 20 hours labor into $1200.00 yields $60.00/hour and likely waterjetguy shop labor rate is $100.00+. Maybe there are other factors unknown to myself in the process. Looks like I will just have to reburbish the dash on my own.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking,maybe a service where they send you their dash and you vacuum bag the cf to the original dash after cracks are smoothed out of course. is that possible?

That will make the mold (the dash is the plug). That doesn't make the part itself. Remember, the carbon fiber/epoxy that the bag presses on is not the finished surface.

Now here is something that might be feasible and I would personally buy one if it fits the 2+2...

You could make the gas lid door from fg with a layer or two of carbon. I imagine alot of the people that have the cf hood, cowl, and hatch would like the small addition.