HybridZ

Seats for 1973 240z

toronto240z

Depends on what you mean by "direct fit." If you mean that the other seats come with runners that are identical to the 240 runners, making them a direct bolt in, then I think the answer is no. If you mean that there are seats that fit the seat well dimensions and need a modest amount of work to adapt the Z runners to the seat so they fit the 240, then there are lots. In fact, I've got a set of Acura mid 90s seats that came out of a 240 that I would sell you.

They don't fit my 280 because the the seat well is smaller. The 240 is around 20", the 280 is around 17.5" (at the rear) due to the cat bulge on the tranny tunnel.

Then there is the issue of comfort. A member very generously sold me his Miata seats at a great price and helped me install them. Then I drove from CA to Calgary and discovered the seats didn't provide enough lumbar support. Moral of the story: check out a number of seats and make sure they meet all your criteria before you install them, not just that they fit in the car.

There is no direct fit; some mod has to be done, several more than others. One mod that I found very easy is replacing the s30 seats mounting brackets to a suitable aftermarket seat, maybe one has to drill a hole or two to align proper mount; other than that no direct fit that I know of.

Alex

I have a set of Mitsubishi Eclipse seats in mine and I had some Talon seats before that. They are pretty easy, and leaps and bounds above the stock seats. The Eclipse seats have the same shape as the OEM seat. I think zhome has a write-up? I Googled real quick and couldn't find anything. But in a nutshell, front of track lines up with stock holes. Rear of track needs to be cut off and a bolt welded to the track lined up with the stock rear 240 mount. Put seat in car, Talon or Eclipse bolts in the front and a nut and washer on the welded bolt. Done. Note: These seats are too tall if you are taller than 6' or if you have a rollbar depending on where it is instaled.