HybridZ

will a turbo 400 fit in a 280zx tunnel

rdsk8ter

• 2 weeks later...

I have a th350 in my car with the JW bellhousing and it fits fine. We were test fitting the th400 on a buddy's car (Ivan280zt) and it didn't look like it was going to fit unless he also got the JW bellhousing (apparently they use the same JW bellhousing on the th350 and th400).

JT

I think Warren had a TH400 in his zx. I'm pretty sure he's running a 'glide now. I have a 700r4 in mine but it needed some massaging to fit. Eventually I'm going to have to cut/weld to get the engine and trans as far back as I'd like.

Nope, I have a 2004R in mine, never ran a glide or anything other than the stock 3N71B in the past. The 2004R is TIGHT on the passenger side, no matter what you do, but it DOES fit. Let me clarify that. It fits with the L28 and my custom L28 to Chevy/BOP adapter kit. The kit will be on the market SOON...and I mean REAL SOON, since it was just track tested with no ill effects on anything. PM me if you're interested in the kit, since I don't want to hi-jack the thread.

Nope, I have a 2004R in mine, never ran a glide or anything other than the stock 3N71B in the past. The 2004R is TIGHT on the passenger side, no matter what you do, but it DOES fit. Let me clarify that. It fits with the L28 and my custom L28 to Chevy/BOP adapter kit. The kit will be on the market SOON...and I mean REAL SOON, since it was just track tested with no ill effects on anything. PM me if you're interested in the kit, since I don't want to hi-jack the thread.

thanks but im running the sbc im about 98% sure itll fit