HybridZ

Anyone looking for an rb20 / 25 intake manifold check this out

dizzle

Call JGY and cancel your order, they're pretty good about it if it hasn't shipped.

If in the end, our resident fabricator/distributor here on hybridz doesn't decide to produce and or sell them, you can always return to JGY.

Just say it's a money issue, and the bank is lookin for some answers.

Hey I never intended to be, my camera is dead otherwise I would put up some more build picks. I am the Custom install manager at AutoMotive Concepts here in MN (www.ac-mn.com has some pictures up). I do all of the stereos for all of the Vikings and T-wolves. So I have had a lot of fiberglass fab experience. I just decidced to try and apply some of the to this manifold. So if anybody has audio questions I can help.

Hey I never intended to be, my camera is dead otherwise I would put up some more build picks. I am the Custom install manager at AutoMotive Concepts here in MN (www.ac-mn.com has some pictures up). I do all of the stereos for all of the Vikings and T-wolves. So I have had a lot of fiberglass fab experience. I just decidced to try and apply some of the to this manifold. So if anybody has audio questions I can help.

never intended it to be what? im not sure what you're replying to in my post.

Call JGY and cancel your order, they're pretty good about it if it hasn't shipped.

If in the end, our resident fabricator/distributor here on hybridz doesn't decide to produce and or sell them, you can always return to JGY.

Just say it's a money issue, and the bank is lookin for some answers.

It was shipped before i posted this......

But to the audio guy i had a question for you. Is a 13" JL W3V3 subwoofer too much for a Z? I just wanted one sub and didnt know if i wanted to do a 12 or 13.. I had 2 12" in my Lexus SC300 in the past (NOT JL). Thanks for the help

It was shipped before i posted this......

But to the audio guy i had a question for you. Is a 13" JL W3V3 subwoofer too much for a Z? I just wanted one sub and didnt know if i wanted to do a 12 or 13.. I had 2 12" in my Lexus SC300 in the past (NOT JL). Thanks for the help

Too much is a matter of opinion, but it will be loud as hell for 1 sub. With the reflection off the glass I think you will be happy with it. As long as u don't mind giving up the space for the larger box a larger sub takes.

• 9 months later...

Well the engine has been runnign for a while and has had 0 problems. I am only boosting 11 lbs right now but no signs of fatigue. The only thing I have run into is that the CF does contract under vacuum. But no leaks what so ever...

The part is really not that heavy, but if I was to make another one it would be out of 3/8" alumminum and 10 layers of CF. I really do not see my design having any issues up to 20 psi. After that I really don't know. I did take steps to increase the surface area where the CF and alumminum mate up. And I am sure that this is the reason why it has not blown.

IMG_0056.jpg

Still have my templates...

Interested to see how yours turns out keep updating...

Cool! Good to know. Looks beautiful by the way. Did you use any type of phenolic or teflon gasket to go between the lower and upper intake? I'll be making one to try and keep the heat out of the aluminum. Hopefully i'll get to it soon. Got a few different projects going on right now.

Cool! Good to know. Looks beautiful by the way. Did you use any type of phenolic or teflon gasket to go between the lower and upper intake? I'll be making one to try and keep the heat out of the aluminum. Hopefully i'll get to it soon. Got a few different projects going on right now.

No I used a stock gasket. The cool part is that the Carbon Fiber absorbs almost 0 heat! With the engine idling for over an hour it was still cold to the touch.

Do you have any experience with working with CF? If not here is a few tips;

You MUST use a special "Vinyl Ester Resin". Standard polyester resin will deform with heat at fairly low temps.

I am assuming that you are using CF cloth like I did. But You need to lay the sheets in opposing directions when you lay it out. It will increase your stiffness of your part. I did not do this and that is part of the reason that my part flexes under load. It wont really affect anything but stiff is always better.

I saw your wooden core, that looks like a lot of work.

Use green florest foam. That stuff old ladies make flower arrangements out of. It is really easy to shape, and Resin will not disolve it. You still need to tape it off though.

Any q's let me know...

carbon.jpg

Thanks i was gonna ask if you had any tips especially about how you layed it up. I will be using West Systems epoxy. I used wood because i was gonna try and form some aluminum over it but that didn't go so well. Belt sander with a 40 grit belt made pretty quick work of it. Only have a couple hours in it.