HybridZ

'80 running rough under 2000 rpms

I just picked up a 1980 280zx that has sat outside for the last few years. The owner said it ran until it was parked. I have cleaned the injectors and replaced the spark plugs. I also drained the fuel tank and put in fresh fuel. I can start the car but it's sometimes hard so I use ether and it fires up. It runs extremely rough under about 2000 rpms. The engine sounds smoothe in the higher rpm's but it's missing or something in the lower rpms. All of the wiring seems dry and brittle allong with everything else. I have replaced the fuel lines going to the injectors from the fuel rail also. I'm not sure if it's electrical or fuel related. Where should I start? At this point I guess it could be anything because I really don't know how the car ran before I got it. I have ordered new plug wires, cap, and rotor. Please help me, I'm needing some direction with my new project.

THANKS

Kyle

Got that on the other thread, thanks again. Some good info there. If you happen to know where a microfiche is for a Throttle Body, I have a question about some internal parts and I can't seem to find a working microfiche for the unit. I'll keep searching as well. I will keep an update going on this problem but I am thinking it's the contacts at either the MAFS, Distributor and possibly at the injectors.

I replaced all the engine bay vac. lines and cleaned all electrical connections. The car starts right up and runs pretty good. Still has low speed sputter but I am going to replace and check all the components and sensors.