HybridZ

How to replace mustache bar bushing?

VinhZXT

Hi all,

How do you replace the mustache bar bushing? I didn't order the new bushing yet but I did burned out the old one and seem like there is no way you can remove the metal part around the bushing. Do I need to remove that part or no? Thanks for any help

Re: replacing bushings in the mustache bar: Today I bought a set of bushings from the Nissan dealer and had a shop press them into my 78 R200 mustache bar. By the way, my 78 R200 mustache bar has a slight upward twist to it. is that normal?

Why stock mounts? They were free. We are re-doing an old Scarab 350/240z conversion and plan on updating all of the bushings as we go through the car. What is the best source for the bushing kits?

BTW is there any easy way to get at the driveline flange bolts?

I sound like a Motorsport Auto salesman lately, but I actually don't buy much of anything from them. BUT, I think it was their flier that had a complete assortment for sale.

The reason I asked "why stock" is that more that a few people have found that the stock bushings allow too much movement of the diff, and end up breaking down and getting to a point of metal to metal pounding.

Sanity check before we lug the R200 up the mustache bar. We installed a 78 R200 mustache bar with the mounting rings facing the front of our 72 240z. Is this the correct orientation of the mustache bar or should the rings of the 78 bar face the rear in a 72z? Please yes as it was a b--ch getting the bar installed.

I got a set of polygraphite bushings from www.p-s-t.com, it cost me $180 shipped to my door, but this is front kit only. What's really nice is that the kit includes new lower ball joints and tie rod ends (the actual cast iron parts, not just bushings!). Beauty about polygraphite is that they don't need to be relubed like polyurethane.