HybridZ

A/C in a '72 240Z

I found a couple of threads on the same subject but none of them really answered my question. I have a '72 240Z and I'm looking for an air conditioning kit that will either bolt right in or with an absolute minimum amount of work, as this car is my daily driver and I can't afford for it to be on blocks for a week. I've heard mentions of the MSA kit and Vintage Air, are there any other suggestions?

I'd agree with Derek, the Vintage Air kit is good - I'm just finishing an installation. Note that, though not mandatory, it's just about necessary to remove the dash to do the install of the evaporator and route hoses. Installing the evaporator could be done in a long, dedicated weekend I suppose, if you didn't get stuck in the "while I'm at it" thing, but it would be a very busy weekend indeed. You'll also need to arrange for compressor mounts, condenser installation, and hose routing into and out of the engine compartment, but those can be done in stages.

I'd agree with Derek, the Vintage Air kit is good - I'm just finishing an installation. Note that, though not mandatory, it's just about necessary to remove the dash to do the install of the evaporator and route hoses. Installing the evaporator could be done in a long, dedicated weekend I suppose, if you didn't get stuck in the "while I'm at it" thing, but it would be a very busy weekend indeed. You'll also need to arrange for compressor mounts, condenser installation, and hose routing into and out of the engine compartment, but those can be done in stages.

Hey Scott... I too live in Lodi, Ca off Turner (and sure gets hot here)! I asked a question in Derek's installation thread on how to go about fabricating compressor mounts, condenser mounts, fans, etc. Maybe I could even come by and see how your doing yours (and if you need any help, I am more than willing!!).

Otherwise, I would appreciate if you could post pics and documentation on the engine bay installs that you've done to get the Viking going.

... I would appreciate if you could post pics and documentation on the engine bay installs that you've done to get the Viking going.

I posted some pictures in this thread yesterday. Mounting the compressor was the easiest part of the operation - from the point of view of an old, fat guy with a sore back who'd rather remove the dash than crawl under it.