HybridZ

st20 valve train question!!!!

tclhenstra

ok so i just rebuilt my sr20det. it was sitting in a buddy's back yard for about 16months. i finished the build a while ago but never really noticed anything. before i even decided to crank it over in the car, i notice on the #3 intake valve you get some added resistance and then it "springs" off the valve lash. scared the sh#@ out of me the first time trying to find the problem. but i'm positive that's NOT supposed to do that. no other lashes or lobes do this. ONLY the intake and only in it's cycle. just need idea's i'm stumped. i'm probably going to just pull the motor out of the vehicle anyways to redo tranny. then probably take the head off. please help.

tony

YOu definitly have some sort of valve problem. When building motors, be sure to check and triple check any and EVERY clearnce.

i hear you on that one. i pretty much set this thing up to factory specs i checked all the lashes and even cam wear. this thing came apart and went back together like when i got it. which i can only imagine it's either a spring or a valve or something. i'm taking the head off this week. preciate the comment.

tony

yeah i'm a lot less hypocritical as i used to be. i bagged, tagged and photographed EVERYTHING. LOL pretty rediculous took twice as long but was well worth it when it all came back together. just erks me that this happens. the auto god's must be mad at me :cry2: