HybridZ

God doesn't want blue 260zt's in FL

RayG1988

i3vxo0.jpg

Accidents can happen anywhere. This happened as I was reversing out of my house. I was not even going fast, I was just reversing and this lady came out of nowhere way above the posted speed limit. I was looking back and everything, yet she still hit me. Her car is pretty much totaled though, she has no rear bumper and negative camber like a VIP car. I'm pretty pissed off, my neck hurts. I was with my little brother. The only damage is a scratch on the paint and obviously the bumper.

I hate it. I'm gonna have to go with the no bumper look, since my front bumper was bad already. I love the bumpers on the early 260z and early 240z but nooooo they won't let me have it :mad:

You’re lucky to be alive. I lived in Boca for awhile and got tired of giant led sleds with half blind retired drivers running me of the road. The Florida gold coast has to have the highest concentration of the nation’s worst drivers. I have seen some duzzies.

When I moved to Tampa, I got hit three times within three months. The funny thing is that they all had the same insurance company. The same adjuster looked at my car each time. I would tell him what I was going to spend the money on and it wasn’t the piece of crap I was driving. He would laugh because he remembered me and the damage from the previous wrecks. Each time was a dinner at some fancy restaurant that I normally could not afford. I would thank him for the meal when he cut the check.

Private property, no officer was sent out.

"The Florida no-fault system really is in regards to medical payments. This means the insurance company covering your car will make payments for your bodily injury claims regardless of who was at fault in an accident. The property damage done to your vehicle should still be covered by the at-fault party."

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get blamed...old lady in a beater saturn vs teen in a sports car.

Yes you likely will. I had a similar situation when I was 16. They gave me a ticket for improper backing.

Cars not bad at all. How fast was she going that she totaled hers and only did so little damage to you?

I really don't know how fast she was going, I really wish I had a picture. The thing was completely destroyed in the passenger rear. When she calls me I'll take some pictures or something.

I mean, the only thing I need to do is switch bumpers and get a new paintjob, which I was due for anyways since my bumpers have rust and I needed a new paintjob anyway. I just sucks, I was on my way to leave my little brother off at his counselor for my parents divorce so yeah. lol, poor little guy.

My mom went through almost an identical incident on our way to school in the morning when I was about 11 years old.

After the insurance company didn't want to admit fault, we took detailed picutres of:

A) The hill just down the street you can't see down from our driveway.

B) The stop sign RIGHT IN FRONT of our house

C) Where her car stopped in a "totaled" state

With the pictures provided it was obvious that she RAN the stop sign and was going at least 35mph - 10 over speed limit.

If you can get some proof it was HER fault, you can have a case against her. If you can prove it's her fault I see no reason she shuoldn't pay for your car damage, medical thearapy (at least a checkup), and pain & suffering. How old is your little brother. These things can be tramatizing. Don't just sit by and let insurance companies take advantage of you because of your age.