HybridZ

What the heck goes here?

jakeoster

I've done a lot of searching and its difficult to tell what goes here. I am not going to be installing an intercooler right now (i will eventually when i get a Trust intake plenum) so how do these two pipes connect. Part numbers or explanation would be great. I am installing the engine into a 280z. I don't really want to jury rig it though, i want to do it right. And yes, I am aware that my crossover pipe has a dent in the top, the idiots at UPS piled a bunch of crap on top of it. Thanks a lot guys in advance!

DSCN2050.jpg

The stock piping went to a side mounts intercooler under the left front 1/4 panel then came back up into the upper intake pipe.

No intercooler???? are you just going to run a U back into the engine from the turbo????

Keep in mind that the JDM motors ECU is tuned for higher octane gas and without an intercooler well not a good idea IMO.

Any idea where i could get one of those stock intercoolers? All my search efforts came up with expensive aftermarket set ups. I am low on cash right now but i dont want to jury rig things and am willing to go with what the original set up is. And yeah im pretty sure that is oil. Gonna pull the turbo pretty soon.

Im using this intercooler

its even cheaper now then when i bought it. we are making 600 rwhp now with lots more room.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CXRacing-Intercooler-Supra-RX7-SRT-4-3000GT-EVO-31x12x4_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ010QQitemZ200234577850QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Go here for mandrel bends.

http://store.racing-solutions.org/

There are dirt cheap gromets all over the internets.

You could do a complete install if you can weld for under 300-400

Sweet Stony thanks a lot! Thats just in my price range:-D Yeah i was toying with the idea of a U bend and that just didnt seem right because ive never seen it done before.

I made a u bend to get my car to the exhaust shop, no boost though. It was a temporary install only to get me to the shop.