HybridZ

Throttle cable / triples

2eighTZ4me

The racecar I'm building does not have ANY throttle linkage at all (firewall mount was cut off too). All I have is the stock gas pedal. I am going to be running triple Webers. What the heck do I need to do to fab up a cable setup that will run the Webers? All my searching has yielded the conversion for an EFI car, but not a car with triples. Anyone done this? Pics would be MOST helpful, as a picture's worth 100000 words to me.

The carbs came with all the linkage from the carbs TO the firewall, but the piece that holds that linkage that's welded to the firewall is gone. I suppose I could get "creative" but it would probably be inefficient and butt-ugly.

I dont know what Panzer has, but my idea would be to fabricate a single rod with bellcranks that work each carb, and one on the end for the throttle cable to connect to, along with a mount to hold the cable.

EDIT: after re-reading your post, I realized you already have the rod and bellcranks. Just fab up a fourth arm that the cable can pull at the end, as well a a mount to hold the cable.

• 2 weeks later...

my intake manifold had a shaft that went across with linkage that went to each carb. i welded a tb pully from a ka or sr tb and made a bracket to hold a 240sx/sentra or of right length. drilled 2 holes in firewall, bolted it up and moded the pedal to hold the end of cable.