HybridZ

Fender and Hood compatibility

Are they all the same across the board?

Something really unfortunate happened today, my boost spiked while I was cornering and I crashed. It was my fault for using such a cheap boost controller, I don't blame anyone else. Gladly no one but me and my ego were hurt. I'm in pain seeing my Z how it is. I was wondering if the 280z fenders and hood were compatible with my early model 260z.

The boost controller I used on my buddy's 85 IROC Camaro with centrifugal SC was actually a shop compressor air pressure regulator made by Husky that I got from Home Depot. I mounted it under the dash, and ran lines to it. It never failed and you could dial in the boost however you wanted. The only downside is the length of vacuum lines to it, caused a few random boost fluctuations. If I had it to do over, I would mount it in the engine compartment, not like you really NEED to adjust it on the fly.

The boost controller I used on my buddy's 85 IROC Camaro with centrifugal SC was actually a shop compressor air pressure regulator made by Husky that I got from Home Depot. I mounted it under the dash, and ran lines to it. It never failed and you could dial in the boost however you wanted. The only downside is the length of vacuum lines to it, caused a few random boost fluctuations. If I had it to do over, I would mount it in the engine compartment, not like you really NEED to adjust it on the fly.

Boost controller on a supercharger? :hs:

The only difference I've seen is between 240 and 280 fenders, and only where the bumper bolts to the fender/valence. I have a 280 driver side fender on my 240 and the holes there are just slightly different. I don't know about the 260 fender and 280 fender differences if there is any.