HybridZ

So, I've decided to go megasquirt..

ZXT_bean

One more question, I plan on having the Megasquirt be my boost controller and getting the GM boost solenoid and the 4 BAR "Map Daddy" MAP sensor add-on for the MS board to help facilitate this (I know MS has a MAP sensor already but its not 4 BAR). Does anyone have any input on MS as a boost controller? I will be having DIYauto pre-assemble the board because god knows I have enough other little things to do on the Z.

Are you planning on running between 30 and 45 PSIG boost? If not, I would suggest a lower BAR MAP sensor. 2 BAR is good up to 15 PSIG, 3 BAR up to 30 PSIG.

I'm not sure how well the MS handles the higher BAR map sensors, but resolotuion of idle and low RPM cruise vacuum situations will be lower with a higher BAR MAP sensors, due to less electrical range available, provided the voltage range.

Are you planning on running between 30 and 45 PSIG boost? If not, I would suggest a lower BAR MAP sensor. 2 BAR is good up to 15 PSIG, 3 BAR up to 30 PSIG.

I'm not sure how well the MS handles the higher BAR map sensors, but resolotuion of idle and low RPM cruise vacuum situations will be lower with a higher BAR MAP sensors, due to less electrical range available, provided the voltage range.

well i only plan on running 12psi tops on the stock setup, so id like to hope that the internal map sensor in the megasquirt ecu is capable of handling that.

• 2 weeks later...

the problem is I'm not sure how much boost I plan on running and the MS comes with a MAP sensor that is good to 21psi which may be at the absolute upper range of what I'm running which is why I was going to get the 4 bar MAP daddy add-on. http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/mapdaddy-sensor-with-barometric-correction-p-117.html

The installation sticky has a quoted area from Tony D. that explains what is required to use the 81 CAS.

i have read that. and i am still in the grey area as you will... but as long as it has the possibility of working i will figgure it out

You might try talking to Tony directly to see what else he has to say about the 81 cas.

that sounds like a good idea. what is his name here on the board?

well i ordered everything today!!!

megasquirt II w/pcb3, stimulator, harness, tuning cable, iat & clt sensors. so now i have get a base map setup, and everything configured correctly. im hoping i can use the 81 cas. any tips and tricks will help!!

• 2 weeks later...