HybridZ

Doc's Orphan 240Z

jbk240z, jason had this 240z rusting away in Louisiana. He was generous enough to donate it in the hopes of it being used. So, a road trip later and Doc picked it up last Tuesday.

DSC008753.JPG

For power it has a 4 barrel carbed 4.3L V6 chevy with a th700R4 trans.

We just got finished buttoning up the engine after tearing it down for inspection. It was a rebuild and has .030 over pistons, .010 rods and mains. All looked ok, so we bolted it all back up. I'm going to build a Q-jet carb for it and we will install it over the weekend.

This is going to be a daily driver. I know most of you are going to wonder if I quit taking meds and am not thinking clearly about powerplants. Bottom line is that the boy will be driving it mostly, not me. Also I have a 327 sitting around doing nothing for later on.

wow, well done. Looks to have nice panels. You mentioned that it was sitting, rusting away. How bad is the rust? Looks pretty good from here.

The last time I saw the Z in person was October, 2003. It had a small hole in the driver's floor, a little rust around the gas door, a little on the hatch, and a little on the passenger rocker panel.

The person who graciously allowed me to store it all this time reports that it is in about the same condition as I last saw it.

I am most happy that the Doc is going to put it to good use. I hope his son will have many enjoyable drives in the Z.

Thanks for rescuing the orphan, Doc.

Jason

The rust isn't that bad, the drivers side rear lower quarter behind the wheel is bent. Rust as described, pretty minor really. The frame rails are good, under the battery is good also. I have parts cars, so the one front fender is replaceable and I could cut out the others and replace those pieces as well if I wanted to. But I don't really want to get into body work at this point and time. I think mainly just want to get it running and drive it.