HybridZ

Amazing color on a 240z

aziza z

Well everyone has their own idea of what a sports car is. My Idea will always be a small, light, agile, two seater, like a Z. There are amazing cars available today. With massive horse power ratings in an attempt to off set the huge weight they need to move and great handling. Look at the size and weight of a modern 911, they have definatly grown. Did that size come with the fatting of America or just government regulations? As for the for door pocket rockets, they are awsome. Now I am old, but when I was young, kids did not strive to drive a four door. Although I did almost buy a WRX so I had a back seat to put my kids car seats.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good luck it should turn out nice! In person, that color is very deep and eye catching. If you see a Civic that color on the road it grabs your attention. Now on a Civic, it's kinda gaudy, but with the curves of a Z it should be sexy.

I think that the Z owner might have tried to make TSG, but because of the number of layers, it might have come out different. It is also very possible because of the parking lot lights, the color changed.

When I had my Z painted the first time, the yellow was very bright and light. The second time, after a retard hit me, with the same mix, it was darker because 2 extra layers were put down.

So without seeing the car in regular sunlight, its hard to say what color that is. But, the color is nice, the wheels are not.

Porsche 911 has 4 seats too. But that's not a sports car right?

Hate still being a hijacker but... no it isn't.

They make a 4 seat version, but the Porsche 911 does not have four seats. The 911 4, 911 4s, etc. do.

That said, that color looks excellent under that light, and not so nice under normal light. Which is too bad, because for a moment I had though I found my new z color.

Hemi Orange still seems to be winning for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Some of the" House of kolors" golds are amazing. A buddy has his 280 painted the 350z sunset gold and its gorgeous.

(hope this is not considered another thread jack... the topic is gold paint ?)

I've been thinking about some of the HOK golds for my 240Z ! Solar gold (78 Trans Am color), Pagan gold, or maybe Tiger Gold (Pearl)

Buuuut..... I'm not sure how it/they will come out looking on the Z (I want it to go along with a carbon fiber hood in natural black). Thoughts?

On that note, has anyone got a copy of HOK Digital Paint Booth they would be willing to 'share' ? Even for a small fee? And have you been able to successfully load a pic of your Z into the program and have it come out right? I ask because I don't think older Z's are preloaded in the program, but it supposedly has the option to load your own car.

I tried doing this in the Photoshop tutorial posted here, but can't figure out how to get the custom colors from HOK into the palette.

Sorry, all sorts of problems at this end !

• 1 month later...