HybridZ

Relocating AFM

Ok I want to eleminate the problem of the pcv set up so we can move on. In the picture below i have a picture of a zxt intake. The thing with the circle around it is the pcv valve. That valve needs to have a hose connected between itself and the crank case vent that fell out. The crank case vent tube needs to be air tight also. That whole system has to be air tight in order to function correctly.

Intake_41.jpg

Make sure you have that done correctly and then we can move on.

Sorry I randomly disappeared, had a crazy last 2-3 days couldn't even get my new hood how I had planned. Anyways, I know what you're telling me. I just have no clue how I'm suppossed to make it airtight to begin with. I'm assuming theres a process I have to go through and not simply put stuff back in place, otherwise I wouldn't be having the problem.

The above info is only partially correct---the last section of the puzzle is where the PCV gets the air it sucks up into the intake through that check valve (see my earlier post for description if you want). That vent on the top of the valve cover needs metered air that means from the tube between the AFM and the Turbocharger. It's a two-way hose. Under vacuum, air will flow through it into the valve cover, and out the base into the intake...under boost, crankcase pressure will be vented back through it to the turbocharger and on to the intake.

As for sealing it, you can heat the pipe with a torch and stick some more solder on it to make it fit 'tighter'---then coat it with some sealant and set it into the block with a smart rap from a 3# deadblow hammer. It should not 'fall out' by any means!