HybridZ

electric fuel pump and return line

Z2000

What fuel pumps are commonly used for modern pressure fuel injected swaps? In line? In tank? I have a 73 Z and I also realized the fuel return line was small... Is it standard to upgrade to a larger fuel return line in this case? Thanks

I am using a Walbro model 392 which seems to be the norm. I got mine for $120. shipped and it dropped right in without too much fuss. The return line will be an issue, at least with a hi flow pump like this one. If you do a search you should be able to find all sorts of info in that regard.

I am currently installing a Walbro 255 L/hr (GL392 IIRC) on my '73, I'll post pictures later if you like.

I made a new mount for the pump, since I didn't like ow far into the wheel weel the line would be if I had use the original electric fuel pump mount (looks like it was that 1973 dealer add-on pump and mount).

I am leaving the original lines in place, using the originla feed for return, since it's 5/16", and added a new feed line of 3/8" I removed the drian plug from the tank, ran a 1/4" NPT tap into the drain hole and then added a 90* fitting that would then accept the 3/8" double flare line.

I know other people that have used this pump or the intank version with quite a bit of success.

I bought mine from expressfuelpumps.com , or expresspumps.com I can get the actual URL later.

thanks for the replys!

Can the larger fuel lines be robbed from a newer year fuel injected Z? or should I just go custom with them?

Is this 392 fuel pump inline or in tank? Im guessing inline.

I would think new lines would be cheaper, easier, and more reliable, but I can't speak from experience on that. The pump is inline, very simple to put in.