HybridZ

good aluminum cleaner

bobbyc

i'm putting 300zx calipers on the back of the z....and they ones i have are really black and dirty wtih years of dust and dirt...soap and a wire brush took care of some of it, but it's really difficult to get in the corners...but i was just wondering if you guys use any products that you can spray and it will clean the caliper so it's ready for paint.

I've used the GUNK engine degreaser with very good results on aluminum. The tougher bits take some scraping, but overall you can do a very good job with it. I've cleaned a whole cylinder head or two with just degreaser and an old screwdriver.

I've tried Gunk engine degreaser as well but have had the best results by far with Eagle One Etching Mag Cleaner. It works terrific on cast finishes with just a little elbow grease giving them an almost new look aside from preexisting any corrosion. It is acidic and does burn the hands a bit without gloves. Do not apply to any polished surfaces as it will dull significantly.