HybridZ

Random and ANGRY wires???

Lotus

Ok, so I'm currently in the process of restoring and modding my '72 datsun. I noticed some of the tail light harness was disconnected by the previous owner, I hooked it all back up and now my tail lights AND my dash lights won't work. My brake lights and turn signals all work fine, just the running lights don't come on and my dash lights. It's the stock harness, it seems to be poping fuses left and right. I have no idea where to start, is this a common problem and if so does anyone know where to look first?

It could be the headlight switch on the column. Take it appart and clean the contacts. Also clean the contacts on your hazzard switch. These two items can cause problems. The poping fuses can be a bare wire on metal somewhere.

36 year old wiring harness is never fun. I replaced my entire harness when I did my LT1 swap because I had had so many electrical problems. The Datsun wiring harness is a nightmare to work on, color coding is something Datsun just doesn't use so following a circuit can be difficult at best. Many of the connectors and sockets were very corroded as were several ground connections. If I were you I'd take apart as many connectors as you can and clean them up. Also remove any ground connection to the frame and clean them up too.

Check ur bulbs!