HybridZ

700r4 trans cooler?????

z ya

I am getting ready to install my cooler and

radiator and was having some questions. Hayden the trans cooler company says you need

to find out the direction of trans fuild flow

and determine the return line and the sending

line. You guys with 700r4's wanna give me

some help?

Guest Anonymous

The easiest way for us dummies dissconect a line from the radiator.If it comes out the line then it is out if it comes out the radiator it is the return. icon_biggrin.gif

The floe should run from the bottom fitting on the case to the cooler (try to use the lower fitting on the cooler) then out of the cooler and back to the unit. If you are not useing the cooler in the rad. you need to use a LPD style cooler. These have a Low Psi Drop valve in them to slow the fluid down for better heat transfer. If your using the rad and an external cooler do not run a LPD style, just run the hot oil through the rad then the cooler. You should also add an external filter with a magnet in it. This should go between the unit and your first cooling device. On a side note an oil temp gauge you want to install after your last cooling device. Keith

Guest Anonymous

From what I am told by B&M for use with their coolers is to run directly to the cooler and then out through the radiator if no thermostatically controled device is used. The idea is that the fluid coming out of the trans. is hot (150-220+) and the fluid coming back in can be as much as 50-100degrees cooler. This can cause a shock to the trans. The cooler should be efficient enough to drop the temp below what it should be and the radiator will warm it to a useable temp. There is such thing as too cold and nothing below 140 should be maintained. It is true that the biggest killer of auto trans. is overheating but too cold is not healthy either. The trick way to go is use an Earls oil thermostat to keep you in a reasonable temp and only go through the cooler. I've seen trans. overheat motors and vice versa. But, back to the topic I think it is better to run through the cooler first and then through the radiator. This usually works very well if everything is up to snuff. Good luck and Godspeed!! icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Anonymous

yo ron

sorry, i dont have any info or help on your radiator question. i just wanted to make sure that you got my message a while back. and currently i am putting in urethane bushings. but as soon as the car can be drivin, i'll take it around your block!

phuc