HybridZ

Power Steering Pump

yo880

Hi Guys,

just wondering, what are you guys doing for power steering pumps on RB26DETT's? i believe the standard R33 (which is the engine i have) steering pumps have 2 outlets on them for the 4 wheel steering?

i was going to try using a low pressure pump out off an RB30E but the bracket does not clear the water pump.

I am thinking of switching my power steering with a high pressure one now.. do i have to find an N1 power steering pump (don't think they had 4WS?)

any help would be appreciated (i am not sticking the engnie into a Z, but a 240K... though not exactly the same, they are of similar vintage)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry cant help you on this one. I ripped that thing off the first day I got my engine. Also this is a section about swapping RB engines into Z's. Might be better off going to a forum where people are more knowledgeable about putting an RB into that car. Sorry!

I think that the R33 motors had an electric motor to pwr the HICAS steering in the back, so the R33 PS pumps are just regular ones,(at least mine was). The R32 pumps are much larger and pump back to the rear of the car to pwr the HICAS.