HybridZ

z32 power ka24de????

OK ..BEFORE I GET STARTED I HAVE A 1990 300ZX N/A 2+2 AUTO....I HAD IT FOR LIKE 2 MONS NOW.FROM WHAT I KNOW ITS A VERY STRONG ENGINE..VG...........TT..ALL THAT OTHER GREAT STUFF ABOUT THIS MOTOR......TRUST ME I KNOW....ITS A GOOD MOTOR..BUT TRUFULLY THE DESIGN SUCKS...IM TIRED OF WORKING ON THIS CAR...REMOVEING EVERYTHING TO GET TO THE SIMPLES THINGS...DAMN CONNECTORS ..COIL PACKS....FUEL INJECTORS..ETC ALL SUCK.....PARTS ARE INSANELY PRICEY...:icon_frow...I JUST CANT DEAL WITH THIS ANYMORE...I LOVE THIS CAR..IVE ALLWAYS WANTED THIS CAR...I FINALLY GOT IT, I KNEW ABOUT HOW MUCH PARTS WOULD COST AND ALL THAT STUFF...BUT...I HATE THIS MOTOR:icon51:...I KNOW I CAN GET IT RUNNING GOOD ..BUT MONEY TIME TO WORK ON IT...ETC

I HAVE A 97 240SX 73MILES ON IT.......MMMMMM LOOK AT THE VG THEN THE KA.................LOL IVE SEEN THE SR20 IN THE Z32....THATS FUNNY...2.0...THEN AGAIN 2.4 AND ALLREADY TURBO ...BEST OF BOTH WORLDS...EASY TO WORK ON PARTS ARE CHEAPER...I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WOULD IT TAKE I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE...ANY ADVICE... AND PLEASE I KNOW THE VG IS A GOOD MOTOR JUST THAT...I HATE IT ..IF I COULD I WOULD PUT THE RB...IN IT

I JUST WANT SIMPLE ADVICE...ITS NOT FOR DRAG OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT JUST DAILY DRIVEING....I LOVE THIS DAMN CAR..LOL JUST NOT THE MOTOR:icon_frow

• 3 months later...

are you retarded? honestly? a ka24 in a z32. and ka24's are not turbo,unless you turbo'd yours. sr20's were and are a much better motor. still a 2.4 4cyl in a 4000lb car = going nowhere not even daily drivable, just vg30dett the damn thing and be done.

are you retarded? honestly? a ka24 in a z32. and ka24's are not turbo,unless you turbo'd yours. sr20's were and are a much better motor. still a 2.4 4cyl in a 4000lb car = going nowhere not even daily drivable, just vg30dett the damn thing and be done.

Actually, i think the car is closer to 3400-3500 pounds...but you're right, putting a 2.4 into a 3,500 pound car is just stupid. Thank god toyota never put 4 bangers into their trucks, nissan didnt put 4 cylinder engines into mass produced cars, and volkswagen didnt stuff small 4 bangers into countless jettas and beetles.

Do the Ka24de, it's highly underrated.

OK I LOVE THIS CAR..IVE ALLWAYS WANTED THIS CAR...I FINALLY GOT IT, I KNEW ABOUT HOW MUCH PARTS WOULD COST AND ALL THAT STUFF...BUT...I HATE THIS MOTOR. I KNOW I CAN GET IT RUNNING GOOD

Why did you buy the car? to work on or drive? Did you look under the hood before you bought it? If you did, that should have been your first clue that it will be challenging to work on.

..BUT MONEY TIME TO WORK ON IT...ETC

I HAVE A 97 240SX 73MILES ON IT.......MMMMMM LOOK AT THE VG THEN THE KA.....I WANT TO KNOW WHAT WOULD IT TAKE I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE...

Sure it can be done, all you need is money and time to work on it.

ANY ADVICE... AND PLEASE I KNOW THE VG IS A GOOD MOTOR JUST THAT...I HATE IT ..IF I COULD I WOULD PUT THE RB...IN IT

If you have the money and time to swap in a KA or RB, you certainly have the skills to get the VG running right.

I JUST WANT SIMPLE ADVICE...ITS NOT FOR DRAG OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT JUST DAILY DRIVEING....I LOVE THIS DAMN CAR..LOL JUST NOT THE MOTOR

The motor is an integral part of the package. My advice? Improve your skills and get the VG running right. Then drive your Z32. If you still don't like it after it is running good, swap in whatever you like. Inline 4, inline six, V six, and V eight all have been done. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
blah blah ka24de blah blah blah bandwagon blah blah

bandwagon?? it is probably the single most widely available nissan engine in the US right now. At the very least, it is a valid question. The VG30DETT is a nasty complex beast to work on, and if he could pull 250+ out of a KA under the hood then by all means, it WOULD be less stressful to work on.

Its like upgrading to rear disc brakes on a mild S30 street car simply for ease of changing your brake pads. Sure, I can fight the bloody drums, but I could also spend some time installing equally antiquated rear discs on there, not bothering about the proportioning valve or the big 4 piston front brakes, and simply flinging my overpriced wheel cylinders into a ditch. Advantageous? not necessarily. Desired/desirable? everyone has different thoughts on that.

One of the rules here is that we LIKE the idea of fitting crap where it doesn't belong. I guess the idea of an L28 in an S13 240sx is bandwagoning, too?

• Administrators

Alright, first I want to apologize as my L-16 comment above wasn’t constructive, It was meant in humor and FAILED!

Sorry gentlemen.

are you retarded? honestly? ….

HBZ Rule #12. We do NOT tolerate name calling on this forum PERIOD!

sr20's were and are a much better motor. ..

A blanket statement calling one engine better than another with no qualifications is ludicrous. The original poster asked about the KA24, not the SR20. If you feel the SR20 might meet the goals of his project with less compromise, then by all means offer that as a viable option, but please also include how and why you feel that way.

… still a 2.4 4cyl in a 4000lb car = going nowhere not even daily drivable, just vg30dett the damn thing and be done.

HBZ Rule #6 If you have any real information to add to a post, please post. The original poster clearly stated he wants to get rid of the VG30DE, by default rules out VG30DETT.

no, i just hate ka24's.

Your personal “hatred” of the KA has no relevance here. Thread title is "z32 power ka24de????" This is HybridZ, One persons idea of a possible engine swap should not be beat down because we harbor some ill feelings towards a particular power plant that others have been successful in using in other applications. Again, my L-16 comment above was out of line I apologize.

HybridZ Mission August 07' date=' 2000 by Pete Paraska[/size']

HybridZ is dedicated to the mature, free exchange of ideas and information on extreme modifications to the Datsun 240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 280ZX, and 300ZX. HybridZ started as a forum dedicated to the transplant of American V8 engines into the early Datsun 240/260/280Z. Now it includes other separate forums which discuss other engines into the Z-car for the purpose of enhanced performance over stock.

Also of interest to those that frequent HybridZ are major modifications to the body, chassis, suspension, driveline and braking systems of the Z cars. Most of the topics discussed on HybridZ are of a technical nature and are discussed from the basis of fact, not emotion. We are here to increase the performance of the Z, not debate how far it "should" be changed or how to restore the Z to its original form, although the originators of HybridZ.org have nothing against stock Z cars.

The members of HybridZ pride themselves on the friendly, open atmosphere in the forums. Ideas are not to be criticized, but listened to and courteously and thoughtfully responded to. The members of HybridZ are encouraged to handle themselves with the utmost respect for others and their ideas, and to educate others in a friendly manner if their experience can shed light on a topic.

Purism has no place on HybridZ. The members of HybridZ hold no brand loyalty to Datsun or Nissan for their choice of equipment. We have open minds at HybridZ and don't let the decisions made by corporate managers, engineers and accountants at Datsun/Nissan hold us back from building the cars we desire.

If you enjoy discussing how to get that last bit of performance out of your Z, and don't mind swapping in parts from other auto makers, you've just found a new home! Welcome aboard!"