HybridZ

Camber recommendation for Hoosier Radials FA slicks?

I'm about to make the transition from bias ply to radials and am looking for camber recommendations. I currently run 2.75 deg front and 1.5 deg rear with good results but understand the radials like more camber. They seem really soft (25 compound) so would like to get close before I burn them up.

Thanks

Cameron

The hoosiers are a little bit of a different animal. What we've found playing with them this year is that they need similar levels of camber to the bias plies. But to make this work you really need to control roll. So I'd start out running what you have listed above and look for temps. They seem to like about 10 degrees hotter on the inside for us.

These tires do not seem to like camber gain very much, which is a plus for us. We're taking care of roll and running the fronts at 1.5 degrees and the rears at 1 degree (all negative).

Thanks for the input - that's good news since I still drive to and from on the street. What about tire pressures - I run 16-18 lb with the bias plies (9.5x15 all around)? I'm actually running a high speed autox this weekend which is basically a timed lap on a full track (Blackhawk Farms). Does this camber work for a full track as well as autocross?

Cameron

For pressure we've been running 22 to 24 lbs. You may need to bump this a little for the track. Softer will heat up the tires more and maybe too much. If you run bias air pressure you'll probably lose the tire off the wheel (another oops that doesn't work moment).

The camber has been used at hillclimbs and autox events. No track days yet. So take temps and make sure the tire looks good across the tread.