HybridZ

My latest track adventure (Saturday evening)

Warren

There were only like 40 cars at the track...and the track was hooking up GREAT. No slippin & slidin all over the place, and yes this was Silver Dollar.

I made 8 passes, cut a 0.096 light on one of them (a true FLUKE, trust me). Bettered my low ET by 29 thousands on yet another run. Car ran consistant as possible. Unfortunately, for some reason, I couldn't get the laptop to connect to the datalogger to retrieve any data (serial port issue on the laptop), so I couldn't do any real tuning. Howver, I did manage to remember to hit the record button 7 of 8 times :) . Nonetheless, with some decent tuning and a wastegate spring change, I'm more than sure the car has low 12's, maybe high 11's in it. (Keep in mind guys, I'm doing shakedown stuff right now, as the car only has 200 miles on it since it's completion. Better safe than sorry, hence the 2.5 lb wastegate spring - changing to 12 lbs now that I know everything is working and appears to be holding together).

Now to go get all the black rubber off of my white car... gotta love those "battle scars"..hehehe

Yeah, the 0.096 RT and the lower ET were on 2 different runs anyway...and I AM aware that they're not related to each other. Just thought I'd point out the improvements...and forgot to mention that I finally had a less than 2.0 sixty foot (1.915 to be exact)...

Between taking it somewhat easy on the car by keeping the boost down, learning to launch it, doing trial and error things, basically checking everything out, I'm having fun with my car and keeping the hood closed, so don't be so quick to try and come rain on my parade...it's all in fun anyway.

No need to make this a pissin match guys...Settle down. The way the original post was worded, one could assume that I was referring to the same run, and the correlation between RT & ET could have been misconstrued. I editied that just now to read (on yet another run). You're both right, and either way, all of the numbers mentioned came from 8 different runs.

Remember FUN!!! and what Momma used to say... "If you can't say something nice..."

Actually, honestly I didn't know Reaction time didn't factor into ET.

So if the light turned Green, and i stay at the line for 1 minute, then launch, and make a 12 second pass, I would show a 12 second pass with a 1 minute RT?

It does on Pink's!

T

I made 8 passes, cut a 0.096 light on one of them (a true FLUKE, trust me). Bettered my low ET by 29 thousands on yet another run.

Nice! I wish I could hit some .096 RTs! :2thumbs: Even if it was a fluke, do it a number of times and it's "what you do all the time..." :mrgreen:

All the work you have put into your beautiful car is paying off, Warren. I'm sure you're proud as heck and having fun with it too :D

Davy

I remember my dad had a practice tree that he would use to practice on his R/T's you could set a delay in it (say, your car takes .25 seconds from the time you engage the clutch, to the time it breaks the beams) you could set that delay in to make it more predictable with your car. I used to beat my dad a lot with it (I got a lot of .51's and .52's)

oh, the practice tree he had went by the old .500 standard. so that would translate to a .01x and a .02x I used to get a LOT of .0xx with that thing haha.

Thanks Davy, your'e right...I almost broke my own arm patting myself on the back for getting it down the track 8 times without "HAVING" to open the hood. Tried to do it right, and so far, it looks like I did. Realization of the dream is just around the corner...hehehe

Practice trees are fun, but in real life, when you're on the track, staging the car, your heart starts beating faster, the adreneline starts flowing, you hope everything works and your reaction times suffer. Seat time does help and getting in a routine of what to do when starts making it easier, but just starting out, trust me, you'll be nervous too.

Good going Warren,

I know it must of felt good. Good times as well, keep up the tuning. At least you know all of your hard work has payed off.

I am hoping we will see you in October. Switching to Alky is a pain in the A$$. Have to change everything, but I hope it will payoff as well.

Just waiting on the machine shop to finish the balancing of the crank, rods, and pistons.

John