HybridZ

Can I run l28et fuel pump for Rb25det

jtmny1999

I have 2 quick questions.

I have rb25det series 2 on my 240z and I just got it running with the stock 280zx turbo fuel pump, you think it will give it enough fuel pressure to drive?

Also anyone think I will have any problem using the series 1 MAF on my series 2 motor? I got the wrong Maf at the moment.....:x

Any help will be appreciated.

-JT

I have 2 quick questions.

I have rb25det series 2 on my 240z and I just got it running with the stock 280zx turbo fuel pump, you think it will give it enough fuel pressure to drive?

Also anyone think I will have any problem using the series 1 MAF on my series 2 motor? I got the wrong Maf at the moment.....:x

Any help will be appreciated.

-JT

can't help you with the Maf issue but regarding the fuel pump,get yourself a fuel pressure gauge at very least,however personally i wouldn't trust an old pump as it is the easiest way of burning a piston on boost

why risk having to completely rebuild a motor for the sake of a new pump....you guys have a cheap walbro(hope it's not made by walmart:tongue:) option that would be a step up,personally i would do it right first and get a bosch 044

don't forget that if you are going to run more boost or a bigger turbo you may need to upgrade your injectors

how loud are the 044's? I was in a car recently with what the driver told me was a bosch unit, but did not know if it was an 044... and it was kinda loud. perhaps fastened to the frame rail without bushings of any sort?

it was irritating if u listened for it. and once you found the pitch with your ears it was hard to shake off.