HybridZ

r200 diff flange removal

Guest 400 ci 280z

I can't address the "painted" inside. But I can say that the R200 stubs just pop out of the sides with a symetrical and firm force. Two screwdrivers positioned on both sides of a stub, using the ramp of the blades to force the stub out as you carefully drive the blades between the stub flanges and the diff case.

Guest 400 ci 280z

does anyone know how to remove the side flages on the r200 or know how to dissasemble the whole thing? they do not have the bolt in the center holding it on. also it looks like it was painted or something on the inside. it is peeling up and was wondering what i should do to fix this? icon_confused.gif

When I first took one apart I thought they needed way more force than they really do. I made a puller out of a 4" long piece of 3" angle 3/16 thick. I drilled 3 holes to line up with three of the halfshaft studs and welded a nut in the center that was same thread as my slide hammer. Put the "puller" on the stub and snugged 3 nuts, screwed on the slide hammer and POP. Overkill, but I got a neat tool now. icon_smile.gif

Guest 400 ci 280z

i finally got hem out with two pry bars and used way too much force on the first one(it flew over my head and 3 feet back). the other one came out a little easier. thanks guys for all of your tips. icon_smile.gif