HybridZ

Last minute but im running my car at Orlando speed tonight

jeffer949

Yeah the track was open. I pretty much had a bad day at it. My car was running like crap and my car wouldnt work my inverter so i couldnt run my laptop. I only got one datalog in before my battery died. New rims and tires where obvously an improvement but i need to get some DR or something on a different rim if im going to do more drag racing. Oh ya mu clutch started slipping also. Actually my fastest time was with my clutch slipping in 3rd and 4th gear. I am going to see if i can get a ACT heavy duty pressure plate as i allready have an 12 puck disk.

K now for the "fun" part of the evening. On the way home was driving down I95 and my car just dies. I'm like WTF. I go to try and start my car and all my lights go BLANK!! Now mind you im going probably around 75mph at this time and am in the middle of nowhere had a few semi's around me and that was fun trying to dodge them and get over to the side of the road. My friends where behind me so they pulled over and tried giving me a hand but i had no clue. The car wont even turn over but yet i can hear a relay clicking on the passenger side when i try to start it. Didnt have a flashlight so i pulled out the engine bay light thing and start looking for a burnt fuse or wire. they all look good. When i try to start the car though with the engine bay light on it wont do anything but that light goes really dim so that makes me think that i have a really bad short to ground somewhere but its not blowing the fuse somehow. so we give up and then we tow my car home 40 miles using my friends 80's Cresida to pull it home.

So thats where its at now. Sitting in my garage with a slipping clutch and wont even start.

OK so as i stated in the other thread Im going back to the orlando drag strip this wed. If you can come you should stop by. It will be the last time for me as im moving away to nashville this weekend. So stop by say hi. I think Scottie-gnz is running also or is at least planning on it.