HybridZ

Painting interior pieces

Polarity

Anyone know the best brand of paint to buy if I wanted to spray all my interior pieces black (interior is butterscotch right now, I'd like it to be all black)? Did some searches and a few members listed various sprays, just curious if anyone used one and found it was exactly what they were looking for.

Also I had a question about the floorboards of the car, is there something I should do to make them more even before applying sound/heat deadener (havent decided on a brand yet)

As you can see in this picture

http://www.lineageclans.net/zx/int1.jpg

It's pretty bumpy down there, doesn't seem like the ideal surface for anything adhesive to actually stick.

-polarity

i use the brand of "dye" from advanced auto, and have great results. not the best for leather, because it wears off my leather seats about every 3 weeks, but for all else, it is great. i think it's called duplicolor or something like that. has the nice modern style spray nozzel that doesn't clog as easily

i have a question to add to this. i've used duplicolor or whatever to go from gray to black, and yellow to black. so i know the black one works. buy i'm sceptical about going from black to tan with this stuff. i would love to have parts of my interior tan. any experience with this?

i have a question to add to this. i've used duplicolor or whatever to go from gray to black, and yellow to black. so i know the black one works. buy i'm sceptical about going from black to tan with this stuff. i would love to have parts of my interior tan. any experience with this?

You shouldn't have any problem. I would just use SEMs over Duplicolor. It's a much better quality paint.

Thanks davy =). I did a couple more pieces last night after that one dried abit. I'm VERY happy with the color and how it's coming out. Going to order my new carpet and sound/heat deadener today, still have questions about that if anyone knows. How well do the molded carpet sets work? Do they still work well on top of dynamat? Looking at the Motorsports 280ZX Coupe molded carpet kit (about $259 I belive). I'm a firm believer in getting what you pay for, so if there is a better kit I should be looking at let me know. Otherwise today I guess I'll just order it and see how it works out.

-polarity

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...