HybridZ

260z "flush" bumper conversion

J_B

I have a early 260z (thin bumpers) . I really like the "flush" look of the bumpers on 240z. I have read how 280z car owners have been converting their big bumpers to the 240z bumpers.

My question is: Can I buy a new 260z thin front bumper, remove the bumper shocks, and create a "flush" look of my own? The reason i ask is because the thin 260z bumpers look longer on the sides than the 240z bumper. Thus, if I removed the bumper shocks and mounted the 260z bumper to the car, it wouldn't look right.

I haven't really seen any pictures of 260z owners with a "flush" 260z thin bumper. If anyone can answer this question for me ASAP, that would be great.

thanks

------------------------

'74 260z (rb25 project in progress)

i use to have a early 260z with the original thin bumpers. all you have to do is pop the shock so you can push it in as much as you like, then tack weld the shock in place if you think it might move when your driving the car. i drilled a small hole in the top of the shock to get it to pop. i coulden't find 240z brackets so i made some out of some 1/8 sheet metal. it might have been 1/4 not sure. but here is a picture.

IMG_3926.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

Thanks for the feedback:

J.Soileau: Your car is a beast! Very nice work!

Bajaracer: Thanks for the pics...It gave me an idea on how a 260z bumper would look "flush" against the car. I just don't like the look with the rubber shock guards in the in the front and back. Could you have installed the bumper w/o it? Maybe just make some brackets like the 240z?

I really want the european bumpers, but they are hard to come by!