HybridZ

bad oversteer need advice

Hello ive got a 1970 240z with a 327 chevy installed in the scarab position. I imported the beast:twisted: from the USA and noticed straight away that the rear end was very loose compared to my previous 240z. I have since changed all the bushes for superflex, sectioned the suspension and fitted coilovers to lower the car, fitted 440lb springs all round (these came in the trunk so i used them). Car has strut braces front and rear. 25mm sway bar on the front, and 20mm on the rear. But on driving the car it obviously handles better and feels better in a straight line, but has a horrible oversteer ( on the plus side it would make a fantastic drift car:2thumbs:). Well probable causes, is it the engine in the scarab position set to far forward altering the centre of gravity on the car causing the problem?. Are the rear springs to stiff causing to much stiffness on the rear end, and would 250lb springs on the rear be better?. The car came with 4 brand new FUTURA GLS SUPERSPORT tyres fitted size 225/50/15, because these are only a budget tyre, could this be the problem? I read somewhere that these are very hard compound tyres and do not provide much grip. If anyone else out there has any possible suggestions why my car behaves this way i would be most gratefull. I have checked over the whole car and cannot find anything loose , cracked or badly bent. Im a bit confused :hs:and just want my car handling like it looks without paying for a rolls royce, :violin:on parts that dont need replacing regards 240z chevy v8

Is this street or track? If it's relatively bumpy street then maybe softer springs. Some yahoo had 500 lb/in springs when I got mine. It was not compliant enough to run on the street as it tended to just skip over bumps and was hard to drive fast. What rear gear? LSD? Alignment? Ride height? After my V8 swap it was hard to keep on track because the rear stepped out badly during throttle application. I switched from 3.9 to 3.7 rear gear, tweaked the alignment, ADDED the rear bar back in, and got used the modulating throttle which all helped drastically. It's now very drivable. With high power engine the throttle is no longer an on/off switch. Sticky tires also help.

Cameron

Car is used on the street no bumps at all. I would say it looses the back end on entry to mid corner because by then ive eased of for the exit or id be driving backwards. Rear gear is standard r180 3.9, picking up an r200 this weekend dont know the ratio, thought id wait until the r180 fails before swopping it. The ride height is around 1" above tyre to the wing lip all round so it is just right for me. Im just repairing a sill return at the moment then ill try what jon said with the rear sway bar. Its been raining for 3 days and i dont take car out in the rain. But ill hopefully try it at the weekend if this improves things ill order softer springs. Any idea what strength would be best regards 240z chevy v8