HybridZ

Rear speaker holders

Dayz

Here is my stereo installation which I have spent years perfecting as new ideas popped into my head;

Sony head unit;

1000 watt amp driving 1 x bridged 10" sub/ mid bass and 2 x 5 1/2" high speakers

800 watt 2 ohm amp driving 1 x bridged 15" sub speaker

2 x bass capacitors

1986 Nissan Maxima 90 amp alternator to power it all.

The thing that has taken a while to perfect is the installation.

The amps and caps are mounted behind the drivers' side rear wheel well.

Once the plastic wall trim is removed there is a lot of room back there to play with.

I turned my spare tire well into a bass box. It is sealed and loaded with rock wool. I could probably use a more powerful amp to really make it sing.

I do not need a spare however I do carry a tire puncture kit...

The 10" bass speaker is mounted in a tube and nestles under the dash in the passenger foot area.

The acoustics under the dash are fantastic, there are alot of things up there for sound to be reflected off of.

My 5 1/2" highs are mounted from the ceiling. The speaker boxes are some roofing pipe insulator thing I got from Lowes for 4.99 each.

The thing is they are a spot on fit for that size speaker.

They slip right in between the headliner and that metal lip that runs along the roof line.

I had them in the doors for years but that is really not the best placement as my leg blocked the left one.

This placement works great, there is no interference with field of vision or physical impairment either.

Here are some pix;

I'm pretty sure I've done this before but here ya go.

P-side amp is a 400 watt 2-ch for the subs (Coustic)

D-side amp is a 400 watt 4-ch Coustic for the other 6 speakers

2 subs in spare well are 10" MTX 4000 series

2) 6.5" in Kick pods are Alpine 2-ways

2) in doors are Kicker 4" 2-ways

2) in rear stock locations are Pioneer 5 1/4" 2 ways.

Deck is a Pioneer AM/FM/CD/XM stereo

Knob above radio (in old vent location) is sub amp control (Bass-knob)

Kick pods are hand made by me

Sub-enclosure is hand laid fiberglass by me

2 gauge power wire on battery to a distribution block then 4 gauge to amps

9525_thumb.attach

DSC04384 (Large)_thumb.JPG

9527_thumb.attach

P4150027 (Large)_thumb.JPG

DSC05040 (Large)_thumb.JPG

DSC05037 (Large)_thumb.JPG

DSC05038 (Large)_thumb.JPG

DSC04401_thumb.JPG

I was just going to post about this issue a few months ago. I think hybridz should have a Stereo electrical forum section. This would be to discuss what head units work with z's, HIGH OUTPUT alternators that work with z's, big 3 upgrades, best ported z box build?, Custom speaker mounts, amplifier locations, speaker mounting locations/ ideas, capaciter mounting locations, lightest subwoofers, newest technology,... etc. You guy's probably get the point. I would contribute some of the ideas/plans I have. I participate in other audio enthusiest forums and I know a little on subs/head units/big 3 upgrades and I think I could provide some help for some people who are stuck on installing an aftermarket stereo. And maybe I might need some help or have questions on a ported sub box build or design? I think it would be a very good addition to the forum.