HybridZ

BRE Mirrors?

AlwaysBroke

Great lead!!! It looks like its off a GSXR, and those are only $30.

I never would have thought of putting a bike mirror on a car but I think it works on the Daytona, and the S30 is very similar. I might try these and mount them a little farther forward where the fender ends maybe. What do you guys think.

These are the GSXR and BRE mirrors

M017-Black.jpg

mirrors_Z5N0001.jpg

Great lead!!! It looks like its off a GSXR, and those are only $30.

I never would have thought of putting a bike mirror on a car but I think it works on the Daytona, and the S30 is very similar. I might try these and mount them a little farther forward where the fender ends maybe. What do you guys think.

These are the GSXR and BRE mirrors

M017-Black.jpg

mirrors_Z5N0001.jpg

That BRE kit looks just like what's on my car. The most important thing is that the spherical joint at the mirror has a good range of motion. You obviously are going to angle them a bit different than their intended application. Mine go far enough but not too much farther. Mounting the base is key to achieve the desired "stem" angle, too.

• 11 months later...

Ok, I finally got around to getting some mirrors. I found out that the 07+ Yamaha R1 OEM mirrors are perfect and look very good. you can also get them with turn signals too which is very tempting.

However, coma, pausing for effect, they are $88 each from the dealer! so I opted for something much cheaper. I got aftermarket mirrors that will fit any 90s yamaha. The only problem is that they look a little cheaper, (they have a nasty seam in the rubber boot) and the range of movement is not in the perfect location which caused me to have to angle them a little bit. They still look good but its not perfect.

I debated a while on where exactly to put them (stock, on fender in roadster location, all the way up in the J-spec) and I eventually decided to put them up front. I lost a lot of the Japanese look with the body kit so I figured I would put a little back in the mix.

I am still unsure of how much I like them but they are growing on me. Regardless of how they look, with the convex mirrors and in conjunction with the Wink 5 panel rear view, I can see EVERYTHING! All with out even turning my head which is very nice.

Let me know what ya' think!

31310770109_medium.jpg 31310770110_medium.jpg 31310770111_medium.jpg 31310770112_medium.jpg 31310770113_medium.jpg 31310770114_medium.jpg 31310770115_medium.jpg 31310770116_medium.jpg

Yes, I actually bought a pair really cheap from a Suzuki GSXR but the movement of the mirror would not work at all without being at a super funky angle.

The Wink mirror is amazing! You can see everything from about 110 degrees from the front. after I removed the sunvisors and stock mirror, It was just long enough to install into the sunvisor's mounting holes. It sits higher than the stock mirror though so you cant see very far behind you without ducking down a bit, but the fender mirrors helped in that aspect

I got them at the parts department of my local motorcycle dealership. They had several different aftermarket mirrors and nifty little flush mount lights that I might be using for turn signals later on.

But... I am really starting to second guess this! What are your opinions of it? I cant figure it out but it just doesn't quite sit well with me.

It might look better after I paint the top black so there isn't so much contrast...

It gets a bit of getting used to, but it makes it more unique, for sure. You can see mine in my signature link. I thought they were motorcycle mirrors as well, but they look a lot like the BRE units; even the fastening hardware for the back side.

Yours might be a bit further forward than mine... Maybe the position on mine might be more attractive for you.

Yeah, I put them in the stock Japanese ZG location. I am thinking about going ahead and rattlecan painting it satin black for now. I think they will look alot less out of place when the car is black like im planning on doing.

Quick question, though a bit off topic, would it be ok to put bondo over rustoleum or do I need to put it on the gelcoat? I want to go ahead and paint it tomorrow as long as I wont regret it too much in the future.

Yeah, I put them in the stock Japanese ZG location. I am thinking about going ahead and rattlecan painting it satin black for now. I think they will look alot less out of place when the car is black like im planning on doing.

Quick question, though a bit off topic, would it be ok to put bondo over rustoleum or do I need to put it on the gelcoat? I want to go ahead and paint it tomorrow as long as I wont regret it too much in the future.

It would probably stick better to a primer than gelcoat. Make sure you have scuffed it and cleaned it with Isopropyl Alcohol or similar to ensure good adhesion.

Edit: Wait a minute. What are you painting satin black? The mirrors? They would need scuffed as well before spraying for best adhesion. I would just remove the rubber sheath over the stalk to give it a more delicate look. There is something called European Trim Black (a 3M product) that we use for OEM replacement parts at work to trim out stuff like that.

I was talking about painting the whole car with the rustoleum satin black. I need to do some preventive maintenance on some developing rust spots, and i am getting quite anxious to see what its going to look like all one color. Im not using primer b/c if you dont spray on a urethane one its just going to cause it to rust faster.

• 4 weeks later...

I might be borderline double posting with this one but I just wanted to let everyone know that after the car was made to be one color, these mirrors definitely meet my approval!

There is a world of difference now that the car is all black. The mirrors do not quite stand out so bad and I think the wider mirrors compliment the body kit very well.

31310770120_medium.jpg 31310770121_medium.jpg 31310770122_medium.jpg 31310770123_medium.jpg 31310770124_medium.jpg 31310770125_medium.jpg 31310770126_medium.jpg

31310770117_medium.jpg 31310770119_medium.jpg