HybridZ

Preval paint system - fill the jar and spray! anyone use?

proxlamus©

I was bored at work today and noticed that Home Depot sells a cool product called Preval...

its basically a jar that you fill with paint or varnish etc etc and you screw on a can of propellant and voila.. a cheap paint gun!!

justfill2.jpg

attach2.jpg

andspray2.jpg

I know the BEST option would include a compressor and spray gun.. but I think for patch work and small spots this is an excellent product.

Most spray guns put out about 1.5 mil while rattle cans put out about .5 mil so I assume this will take more coats then normal.

I happen to have a spare quart of paint from my last paint job. What can I use to thin the paint to spray?

I wouldn't say that's a cheap spray gun, I'd say it's an expensive can of spray-paint.

It's good for colour matching parts if you've bought the paint and have something like a couple of intake pipes or brackets to paint, and maybe some discrete body touch-ups... but that's as far as I would take it.

I did read that I should not use a normal acetone with automotive paint.. (the home depot kind) and should buy automotive thinner/acetone??

That preval gun is awesome for people who dont have the chance to use an actual spray gun and booth. everything is replaceable and it is very cheap.

You should always use automotive thinner in your paint not lacquer. the way it evaporates is why you need to use a specific kind. if you use lacquer in a urethane the paint will not completely dry. thinner is cheap almost anywhere you go so it shouldnt be that big of a deal to buy 2 dollars more for it. if you have anymore questions give me a call proxlamus since i live in the same area as you 720-771-0135.