HybridZ

peddle question

I also have a 260z with a sbc. I used a 24" Lokar cable connected to the stock cable linkage coming out of the firewall for my throttle cable. I had to cut it down about 8", but it works perfect. If you are bending the pedal then there is a lot of binding going on somewhere. I would check the linkage before worrying about the pedal.

I have done a few V8 conversions and I welded on a short piece of angle iron at the top of the pedal linkage (inside the car), then drilled a hole in the firewall so the cable has a straight shot to the carb linkage. Works well. Need to take the pedal out for welding.

WOW!!!! bent gas pedal!!! I don't believe it.

Are you sure you don't have a worn out mount on your gas pedal. I have a late-1973 240Z with most of the 260Z parts changeovers.

My gas pedal is made of heavy guage 7/16" ROD with a weded pivot and a flattened end where the linkage pivot was mounted. There is NO WAY I could bend that pedal without destroying the carby in the process.

I modified my pedal in several ways to get the most out of my set up. But there is no way I would ever bend the pedal without knowingly destroying the carby. You just don't do that man!!!