HybridZ

Quarter Window Disassembly

240Z2NV

Spent too long on this task to be doing it right...also, too much force. Can anyone tell me how they got their glass out of the frames without damaging anything?

I have used a propane torch for a few seconds, lots of WD40, and I can get the frame 'open'; but not enough to slide glass out. It seems as though the 'back upper corner' piece should allow the top longer piece to slide away.....?

Thanks...

the weather stripping that holds the glass, is suppose to slide out (with a little grunt) through the closest to the door. (at least on the 280z)

you have to peel the outter stripping from the frame, and there should be some screws and then pull the metal bracket on the door side.

Could be different on the 240z judging by the diagram shown.

There is 2 screw at the topi believe it is 2) on the piece closest to the door and and 2 screws at the top towards the rear...as the picture above. ( With that piece removed, pull apart the front and bottom sideglass molding until the glass is in your hand. You will see some small pieces of rubber, they go where the joints are. Took me 1 hour each sideglass, and everything looks great. I used the BD sideglass kit.

I found it easier to screw the front upper corner last when re-assembling it...it will take all your body parts to close it to fit...but it will fit.

Dayz