HybridZ

rb26dett question...

badgti

guys,

got a small queastion on the r32 rb26dett.i am planning on getting one in my 240z but been through many posts regarding oil pump problems and seen tht many have opted to change the oil pump collars a r33 crank and a better oil pump.can i just go for a complete r33 block, doess the r33 block bolt up to the r32 rb26 head?sorry for the nob question but am really new to rb's.reason why i want to get a complete r33 block is so that i can rebuild the block and yet still have the r32 one as a spare.

same. especially since you have your crank out, you should check your run-out at the machine shop.

once you heat up the snout and press on or weld on the collar, your crank is susceptable to a slight out-of-round.

It's not a huge issue. Procuring an R33 crank would be the same cost or more than the collar + installation and blue-printing of the unit once it's said and done. And you can never be sure that the R33 crank will be in the same condition.

And plus, you can bargain with the machinist and tell him to do some oil hole cleaning and chamfering as part of the collar + post inspection price.

I guess some may find R33 cranks in top condition for less, but then again... not everyone can.